The Service Charter
The Ministry of Agriculture is aware of the increased public consciousness and demand for quality service. As Ministry responsible for food security, efficient service delivery is the yardstick upon which our performance shall be measured. This Service Charter provides the basic guidelines on how we shall interact with our customers with regard to ourcorevalues, functions, ourservices, customers’ rights and ourcommitment to efficient service delivery to Kenyans.
The Charter serves to inform our clients, stakeholders and the public about the standard and the type of service theycanreasonably expect when dealing with ourstaff.
The Ministry of Agriculture
The mandate of the Ministry of Agriculture is to promote and facilitate production of food and agricultural raw materials for food security and incomes; advance agro based industries and agricultural exports; and enhance sustainable use of land resources as a basis for agriculturalenterprises.
The vision of the Ministry is to be the leading agent towards the achievement of food security for all,
employment creation, income generation and poverty reduction in Kenya.
In keeping with the role of the agriculture sector in the national economy and people’s livelihood, the mission of the Ministry of Agriculture is to improve the livelihoods of Kenyans by promotion of competitive agriculture through creation of anenabling environment, provision of support services and ensuring sustainable natural resources management.
Our activities areguided by:
- Accountability, transparency and integrity
- Efficiency and responsiveness
- Gender equity
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of agricultural legislations, regulations and policies.
- Provision of agricultural extension services.
- Supporting agricultural research and promoting delivery.
- Facilitating and representing agricultural state corporations in the Government.
- Development, implementation and coordination of programmes in the agriculture sector.
- Regulating and quality control of inputs, produce and products from the agriculture sector.
- Management and control of pests and diseases in crops.
- Promoting management and conservation of the naturalresourcebase for agriculture.
- Collecting, maintaining and managing information on the agriculture sector.
We offer the following range of services:
- Agricultural extension
- Crop development
- Agricultural policy review and coordination
- Agricultural development coordination
We offer support to and facilitation for the followingservices:
- Agricultural research and technical training
- Agricultural land management
- Agri-business and promotion
- Agricultural market development
Our commitment to service delivery
We commit ourselves to our clients and stakeholders to:
- Set clear, relevant, meaningful, challenging and realistic service standards that will focus on and respond to the expectations of all ourclients and stakeholders.<
- our clients and stakeholders of mutual interest.
- our dealings with clients and stakeholders, taking into clients and stakeholders with timely, accurate, reliable and complete information using efficient and effective information strategies and
- Respond promptly to all written and verbal enquiries clients and stakeholders with aneasy,
- Comply with relevant statutory and administrative requirements while using policies and procedures that
responsive to client and stakeholder needs and of access, equity and confidentiality.
- Communicate using gender inclusive language and respect personal characteristics, cultural practices
- Conduct our activities in an equitable, efficient, cost
- Demonstrate excellence and accountability by service standards into our organisational culture and service delivery outcomes.
ourclients and what works well and what needs to
- Consult widely with on matters that are
- Exercise fairness, courtesy and respect in all account their different needs.
- Provide our techniques and provide our clear and effective way to seek redress.
are ensureease beliefs effective manner.
- Regularly seek the views of stakeholders on be improved.
- Have respect for the law.
Service CharterKilimo News MagazineEconomic Survey 2007Commodity PricesTraining OpportunitiesProvincesPress ReleasesAids AwarenessCorruption WatchdogArchivesMultimediaTender Notices
Website further details: